New skills, More opportunities.
Angeles Institute is excited to welcome prospective students who may have attended a previous nursing education program. Prospective candidates desiring transfer credit for their work in another college or program must submit transcripts and catalogs from the institution where they were previously enrolled.
Upon completion of all admissions requirements, your admissions advisor will grant you enrollment approval along with the number of transfer credits that will be accepted.
Why Attend Angeles Institute over other schools? Here's why:
Accelerated 11 Month Program
Whether this is a stepping stone as you pursue more education or this is a start to a new career, Angeles will help you get there in less time
All Inclusive Tuition
Angeles believes in providing 100% transparency with the fees associated with our programs: That's why we include your books, supplies and uniforms, within our tuition.
Financial Aid Available
Education should be accessible by everyone. That's why we make sure we provide you with all of the federal, state, local, and private loan and aid resource options that you qualify for.
Dedicated Student Affairs Team
We are committed to providing support to each unique students challenges. We offer tutoring and group study coordination. Student Affairs also assist students with securing child care, transportation, counseling, and other support services.
Vocational Nursing Program Overview
Upon acceptance into our vocational nursing program here at Angeles Institute, this is the journey each student will take:
Term 1B - 5 Weeks
100B - Core Concepts
• 5 Weeks Clinical and Lab Rotation
• Nursing Fundamentals in a Clinical Setting
• Lab Exams Must Be Above 60%
• May Appeal to Appeals Board to Restart
Term 2 - 13 Weeks
200A-M - Core Concepts
• 13 Weeks Theory/ Lab
• Weekly Body Systems
• 76% Cumulative Score or Greater Every Week
• Each Week is a Separate Grade
• 2 Body System Fails Allowed (Remediations)
• Three System Fails = Restart Term With Appeals Board Recommendation
Term 3 - 18 Weeks
300AB - Medical Surgical Nursing
• 13 Weeks Clinical and Lab
• NCLEX Preparation
• Lab Exams Must Be Above 60%
• 4 NLN Exams One Remediation Only
• Must Pass Exit Exam
• May Be Restarted if Approved Through Appeals Board
300CD - Role Transition & Career Preparation
• 5 Weeks Skills Lab/ Lab Work
• NCLEX Preparation Through ATI
• Resume Building and Interview Skills
• Mock NCLEX Testing / Blind Tests
• Board Paperwork / Applications / Graduation Check
Angeles Institute is the premier Vocational Nursing Program in Los Angeles
Our state of the art simulation lab, intimate learning environment, and dedicated student success team make Angeles Institute the best program to have you ready to start your nursing career in under a year.
Vocational Nursing Application Process (Transfers)
Accreditations and Approvals
Angeles Institute has been granted institutional approval to operate from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education pursuant of the California Education Code Section 94915 , the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education, and is an education agency member with the National League of Nursing