Vocational Nursing Application Process (Transfers)
The Basic Requirements to qualify for our Vocational Nursing Program are as follows:
• Be a minimum of 17 years of age or older
• Have a High School Diploma or GED
• Have official transcripts
• Drivers license and permanent residency card (if applicable)
• A social security card
Tour Angeles Institute
Walk the campus on a private tour surveying our classrooms, skills lab, and our state-of-the-art simulation lab.
The applicants will have the opportunity to ask questions about the program.
Upon completion of the tour, our admissions representative will discuss:
• Past History
• Potential barriers to program completion
All applicants must pass our entrance exam in order to meet with a financial aid coordinator.
Meet Financial Coordinator
Here, you may ask as many questions about the financial aspects of the program as you need.
You will receive one on one guidance on how to complete the FAFSA Application.
You will also submit a background check and complete an enrollment agreement.
A member of the the nursing administrative team will assess the applicant on the three tenants of core criteria. They are academic success (past and present), motivation, and barriers.
Academic success topics include:
• Transcript grades
• Entrance exam score
• Written essay score
Motivation topics include:
• Expectations, goals, and interest in the nursing field
• Current experience
• Why nursing?
• Support system and level of involvement
Barrier topics include:
• Scheduling (job/no job)
• Personal commitments (childcare, family care, etc.)
• Applicant concerns and/or questions
Acceptance into the program is granted after successfully completing all of the components of admissions, as well as there being availability in both the classroom and clinical settings.