New skills, More opportunities.
At Angeles Institute, you will find a dedicated teaching and support staff with the unified goal of preparing you to become caring and competent entry-level home health aide.
Each student has the capabilities to reach their goals and the Angeles Institute family is here to help.
Why Attend Angeles Institute over other schools? Here's why:
Accelerated 1 Week Program
Whether this is a stepping stone as you pursue more education or this is a start to a new career, Angeles will help you get there in less time.
All Inclusive Tuition
Angeles believes in providing 100% transparency with the fees associated with our programs: That's why we include your books, supplies and uniforms, within our tuition.
Financial Aid Available
Education should be accessible by everyone. That's why we make sure we provide you with all of the federal, state, local, and private loan and aid resource options that you qualify for
Dedicated Student Affairs Team
We are committed to providing support to each unique students challenges. We offer tutoring and group study coordination. Student Affairs also assist students with securing child care, transportation, counseling, and other support services.
Home Health Aide Program Overview
Upon acceptance into our Home Health Aid Program here at Angeles Institute, this is the journey each student will take:
Main Term - HHA Add On
Home Health Aide Course
• 40 hours (20 theory + 20 clinical)
• HHA add on is offered at a significantly reduced price when taken in conjunction with the CNA course
• CNA Certification required if taken separately
• Unit 1 - Introduction to Aide & Agency Role
• Unit 2 - Interpretation of Medical and Social Needs of People
• Unit 3 - Personal Care Services, Clinical Activity, and Cleaning & Care Tasks in the Home
• Unit 4 - Nutrition and Clinical Activity
• Unit 5 - Finals
Prerequisite Course: Nursing Assistant
*Must have completed Angeles Institute Nursing Assistant program or have an active NA Certification
Angeles Institute NA Program is 5 weeks in length
• 86 Theory hours
• Learn how to safely and effectively perform personal care skills
• Perform basic nursing skills for clients in a variety of settings
• Recognize the psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual needs of clients.
• 190 Hours total (86 theory hours + 104 Clinical hours)
• 76% Cumulative Score or Greater
• Demonstrate appropriate attitudes in giving nursing care.
• Exhibit proper ethical and legal behavior in giving nursing care.
• Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate behavior that maintains the rights of the client.
• Perform nursing care with regard to the principles of infection control.
• Acquire the proper knowledge and skills to respond to emergencies.
Angeles Institute is the premier Nursing Assistant Program in Los Angeles
Our state of the art simulation lab, intimate learning environment, and dedicated student success team make Angeles Institute the best program to have you ready to start your new career in less time.
Home Health Aide Application Process
Accreditations and Approvals
Angeles Institute has been granted institutional approval to operate from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education pursuant of the California Education Code Section 94915 , the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education, and is an education agency member with the National League of Nursing.