Under the direction and supervision of the Campus Director and/or Director of Admissions, the Recruitment Specialist is responsible for greeting visitors and students as well as providing information for Admission into Programs at the college. The Recruitment Specialist will assist with the planning and implementation of student recruitment activities, the processing of new student applications and preparation of student files. The Recruitment Specialist maintains an inventory of admissions materials, schedules students for appropriate testing and assists with graduation and registration activities.
- A willingness to learn, flexibility in accomplishing tasks, and a positive attitude.
- Reliability and good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work with community organizations, students & family members, and staff/faculty/administration of college.
- High school diploma, California High School equivalency (CHSE) or general education development test (GED).
- Between one to three years proven sales record, preferably field sales or a combination of field and phone sales.
- Traditional retail sales may not fulfill this requirement.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Demonstrates evidence of interest in continuous professional growth.
- Possesses a genuine interest and ability to work with others.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work under supervision.
- Possesses initiative, dependability and skill in assigned tasks.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses resourcefulness in emergency situations.
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their individual social and cultural traits.
- Works with the Enrollment Specialist to coordinate the processing of applications for admission of students at the college.
- Establishes and maintains open communication channels between
- Assists with coordinating the development of brochures/handouts the students and the Admissions Office and compiles information for future use by students and the general public according to established guidelines.
- Enters all application information into the student system.
- Ensures names, addresses, phones numbers, and other information
- Ensures high school transcript and foreign documentation received
- Assists with the planning and implementation of student recruitment activities.
- Assists in developing effective programs to communicate with is entered accurately and filed.
- Serves as a representative of the College at career day programs,
- Develops and coordinates an effective program of high school
- Acquires supplies/materials needed to successfully implement
- Makes changes/adjustments to recruitment event plans
- Schedules and hosts campus tours and visits for potential students.
- Follows up appropriately with correspondence by phone and/or mailings.
- Coordinates campus orientation with student services personnel.
- Works when scheduled; begins and ends work as expected; calls in according to policy when arriving late for work or when absent; observes policies on break and lunch periods; uses work time appropriately.